Carmen is a cross between two Italian varieties, the Guyot and Bella di Giugno, first created in 1980.It is an early summer pear variety harvested in the mid of July, about 25 days before Williams. It has an attractive elongated slender neck that has a slight crook at the stem end. Its green yellow skin has a rosy red blush that covers 20 to 30% of the surface. It can be cold stored for 2 to 4 months.
- Medium in size (about 190g)
- Pear –shaped form with slender neck
- A moderately sweet pear with a bright balanced acidity
- Flesh texture is fine, firm and juicy with a highly aromatic scent
- Excellent for fresh eating and salads
- From July to November