Butirra Precoce Morettini pear is one of the best early pears that comes at the end of July, about 21 day before Williams. It is an Italian variety bred by A. Morettini in 1956 as a cross of Coscia and Williams varieties. Its growth is middle lush to lush. It yields very early, regularly and bountifully. Lenticels are not so visible and don’t spoil the look of the fruit. Its color is very beautiful and attractive. This pear has a high quality and can be cold stored 7 to 8 weeks.
- Small to medium in size (100g – 130g – 160g)
- Green skin very similar to Williams
- A juicy, aromatic, fine pear with a bright balanced acidity
- White flesh with a smooth texture and tiny sclerenchyma particles
- Excellent for fresh eating and salads
- From August to September